Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Experience in the FIO

Hello! I am going to write about my experience in Monfragüe National Park, which we visited on the occasion of FIO (Feria Internacional de Ornitología).


On Friday 27th, I went with some classmates to visit Monfragüe National Park. We travelled by coach. Our guide, Mr Porras explained to us lots of interesting things about the most common birds in the National Park. We could see Egyptian vultures, black storks, griffon vultures, some eagles… and we could also some deers. We enjoyed seeing the wonderful views! Our lovely day finished in Villarreal de San Carlos, where the Birdwatching Fair was taking place and where some of our classmates had a stand.




On Saturday 28th, I went back again. I had to stay at the university stand with some other classmates during the day. At the stand we gave some information to visitors about university studies. But the visits increased when we put some sweets in the stand! We had some free time and we visited other stands and the little village of Villarreal de San Carlos. The Environment Minister in the Regional Government visited our stand and asked us about our new experience. In the afternoon, we had the visit of my family and of Fran’s parents. We had a great day at FIO! I wouldn’t mind repeating the experience next year!


1 comment:

  1. This has been a superb account of your experience at the FIO. And a great album, María. Keep up your enthusiasm, María.

    Jesús

    ReplyDelete